For March and St. Patrick's Day, let's talk about heritage and history.
Some things to think about:
- What nationalities compose your heritage?
- How do you feel if parts of your history or heritage have been disenfranchised, marginalized, or othered? For example: If you're Jewish living in a Christian city, how does that make you feel around Christmas? If you're not Irish on St. Patrick's Day, what does the sea of green mean to you?
- How is queerness a heritage for you, or how is it part of your history? Is queerness your heritage?
- Do you think that heritage plays a role in shaping who you are?
- How do you relate to your family?
- Do you have a relative or ancestor who has helped you shape who you are?